Aptly titled Saint Laurent Skin, Hedi Slimane’s SS16 collection bared more than a little body and soul…
By Susan Devaney
1. Fresh face Steffi Soede opened the show in a metallic slip dress and a grunge infused diamanté tiara worn across her forehead.
2. British model Agyness Deyn made a welcomed return to the catwalk for Slimane, after turning her hand to acting. Coming down the runway in a sleeveless jacket and adopting longer warm brown locks.
3. Shoe silhouettes came in 2 options: a strappy heel and a rubber rain boot.
4. Mixed in with ready-to-wear Slimane introduced a few Saint Laurent couture pieces, among them a black-and-white feather coat.
5. As per, Slimane’s model squad all strutted the runway – Grace Hartzel, Ruth Bell, Lida Fox and Julia Cumming, all emboding that rock ‘n’ roll cool chick aesthetic.
6. From Klara Kristin to Thomas Brodie Sangster, Slimane’s front row was composed of youth appeal.
7. Newcomer Staz Lindes has a perfect plush pout and music in her blood. Her father is Dire Straits guitarist Hal Lindes and everyone is already asking: “who’s that girl?”